With all the natural disasters that happened these recent years, it’s no wonder that climate change has been a hot issue. Though many organisations are contributing to saving the environment with their eco-friendly solutions, the planet Earth won’t mind if individuals put some efforts, as well.
If you care about the environment, you can start saving it by reducing your carbon footprint through these simple ways:
- Change your lights at home. With compact fluorescent lights, you can save around 150 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
- Unplug your device chargers when not in use. Make a habit of unplugging your phone, tablet, and laptop chargers and you’ll save a significant amount of energy costs per year.
- Switch to solar energy. Ecolution, a solar panel installer in the UK, is always vocal about the many great benefits of switching to solar energy, including renewable energy, reduced to no energy bills, additional income from government incentives and less pollution.
- Check your tires. Your car will have a better gas mileage with properly inflated tires. More importantly, for each gallon of gas you saved, you stopped the release of 20 pounds of carbon dioxide.
- Drive less. If it’s feasible, walk, bike, carpool, or take public transit on your way to work. By doing any of those, you’ll help reduce gas consumption and carbon dioxide emissions, as well. Plus, walking and biking are great forms of exercise, making you healthier.
- Choose a laptop over a desktop. Laptops are designed to be energy-efficient, as battery life is a major consideration for any laptop design. They are about 80% more energy-efficient than desktops, according to a study.
With these simple ways, you can save on your monthly bills and daily expenses. But most importantly, you help save the environment!